Golf Buggy (Ride-on) Policy including privately owned single seater buggies.
Garon Park Golf Complex Limited has a duty of care to all users of the golf course. The topography of certain areas of the course is such that caution and prudence must be shown by the user of a ride-on or single seater buggy. It is therefore recognised that all two-seater buggies used at Garon Park Golf Complex must be those maintained and serviced by Garon Park Golf Complex. It is also necessary for Garon Park Golf Complex to provide adequately safe means of access for all golfers including those given permission to use buggies. Moreover, Garon Park Golf Complex has to ensure the safety of golfers who do not wish to use ride-on buggies but who might be at risk from a mechanically defective ride-on buggy or its careless use. This duty of care also applies to members of the public using the various rights of way through the golf course.
Coronavirus: Covid-19 Garon Park Golf Complex hand cleans and sanitises the steering wheel, seat and seat arms of golf buggies and handles of hire carts before use and in between use of another hirer. The club does not accept any responsibility for the possible transfer of COVID-19 or any other virus when hiring a buggy or pull cart. Those hiring a golf buggy or pull cart should take their own precaution with regards to cleanliness and safety of use.
To assist the safe employment of ride-on buggies all potential users (Members, visitors and guests) shall comply with the following conditions:
- Ride-on buggies must be operated with the utmost courtesy, care and consideration for the safety and convenience of pedestrians. Pedestrians must be afforded the right-of-way at all times.
- The signs and instructions employed on the course to warn buggy riders of potential danger areas or, areas forbidden to ride-on buggies because of concerns about danger or, the potential to cause unacceptable wear and tear to the course, must be followed at all times.
- Ride-on buggies must be operated and parked in such a manner that they do not impede or interfere with normal pedestrian or vehicular flow on pathways, in or around the car park area.
- Ride-on buggy operators will be responsible for the security of ignition keys for the period that the buggy is on the property owned by Garon Park Golf Complex.
- Garon Park Golf Complex has no responsibility for ensuring the safe operation of ride-on buggies on or beyond the confines of the course and in or around the club’s car-parks other than those operated by their staff or agents. Garon Park Golf Complex will not accept responsibility for any injury be it to the hirer or a third party, any loss or damage caused to any property other than that arising from the negligent use of a ride-on buggy by their staff or agents.
- No ride-on buggy will be operated at a speed considered excessive. All speed limits that may be set by Garon Park Golf Complex must be observed.
- Ride-on buggies shall be used only when the courses are open for play and when no essential buggy prohibition is in force.
- Operators must stop the buggy at areas that are blind and proceed with caution (i.e. blind turns where bushes or trees restrict vision).
- The General Manager, The Director of Golf, Course Manager and Golf Professionals have the authority to immediately prohibit any individual from using or being carried on a ride–on buggy. Application for reinstatement of permission can only be made to the office.
Safe Working Practice
- Ride-on buggy operators must not be under the influence of alcoholic drinks or drugs.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to drive the ride-on buggy.
- Children under the age of 14 are not allowed to be passengers on the ride-on buggy.
- Ride-on buggy operators must not use mobile phones whilst operating the vehicle.
- By hiring a buggy you are accepting our terms and conditions of hire.
- A ride-on buggy shall only be used for the number of occupants it was designed to carry and only by people who are authorised to use one. In particular, standing on the back of a buggy is expressly forbidden.
- DURING USE:
- Do not move off until the occupants are seated.
- Always remain seated and hold on while the vehicle is in motion.
- Hands, feet and head must be kept inside the buggy at all times while the vehicle is in motion
- Ride-on buggies must not be driven in prohibited areas.
- The buggy must be used to progress the game and must not be driven up and down excessively, e.g., when looking for golf balls.
- The buggy must absolutely not be used on tees, greens or the slopes leading up to them.
- The buggy may not be driven into wooded areas or newly planted areas or designated OUT of PLAY areas and Abnormal Ground Conditions (Rules 16)
- The buggy must not be used within two meters of any bunkers, ditches or ponds or slopes leading to them except when using the designated bridges.
- Check the area behind the buggy before reversing.
- Check the area in front of you before driving off.
- Set the parking brake before leaving the vehicle.
- Always consider the terrain, existing vehicular and pedestrian traffic conditions as well as environmental factors that may affect your ability to operate the buggy safely.
- Drive the buggy only as fast as the terrain and safety considerations allow.
- To avoid tipping over, drive the buggy straight up and down slopes.
- Slow down before corners.
- All turns must be executed at reduced speeds.
- Avoid sudden stops or changes of direction that may result in loss of control.
- Be extra careful when the course is wet and muddy and avoid driving through or parking in those areas. Please AVOID all slopes in these conditions.
- When returning the buggy please park at the front of the clubhouse, turn the operating key to the ‘off’ position, engage the parking brake and return the key to The Golf Shop